|Saturated fat||1.6 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||3.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||9.3 g|
Made with a combination of whole wheat and white flours, these scones are a delicious way to up your fiber intake. Experiment with add-ins like fresh berries and chopped nuts. Or go for a more savory combo with chopped spinach or herbs. One batch, endless flavor combinations!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Sift together dry ingredients in a large bowl and slowly cut in the oil using your hands or a spatula, until it's the consistency of large clumps of sand. 4. Stir in flavor choice from above.
- Combine almond milk, water, and egg. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, using just enough to moisten the batter (you may not need all the liquid).
- On a floured surface, shape batter into a 1” thick circle and cut out 12 scones in triangles. Space scones 2-3” apart on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Handy Hint: Like savory scones? Add 1 cup of spinach to batter and replace sugar with equal parts nutritional yeast and your favorite herb blend.