1 hour 20 minutes
This balsamic vinegar glaze pairs beautifully with carrots, but it can be enjoyed with any vegetable you'd like to roast—peppers, squash, and root vegetables are particularly delightful
Add to Shopping List
- In a medium bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, brown sugar, rosemary, garlic, and salt and black pepper, using a whisk to combine. Reserve 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon balsamic mixture and set aside. Pour the olive oil into the remaining balsamic mixture and whisk until emulsified.
- Put the chicken thighs in a gallon-size zip-close bag and pour in the balsamic-oil mixture. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, but up to 3 hours, turning the bag over at least once to distribute the marinade.
- Heat the oven to 400F. Line a 9"x13" baking pan with foil and coat it with cooking spray. Coat the top of a broiler pan with cooking spray and set it atop the bottom of the broiler pan; alternately, coat an oven-safe wire rack with cooking spray and set it atop a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Place the carrots in the prepared baking pan. Place the chicken thighs on the broiler pan (discard the marinade). Bake the carrots and chicken for 25 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven. Flip the chicken and pour the reserved balsamic mixture over the carrots. Return the pans to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the thickest part of the thigh registers 160F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken and carrots from the oven and cover the chicken with foil; let rest 5 minutes before serving.