This perfect balance of sweet mango, creamy coconut rice, and tangy lime shrimp, with just a touch of heat from the jalapeño, is served over a fiber-rich bowl of black beans that will keep you feeling full
Add to Shopping List
1/2 of a
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil and add the rice. Return to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until the rice is tender, about 25 to 30 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
- Meanwhile, combine the shrimp, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, lime juice, and salt in a medium bowl. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, but up to 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, bell pepper, jalapeño, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt to taste. Set the salsa aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the black beans until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, sauté the shrimp in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, until they begin to curl and turn pink, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the beans among four bowls and top with equal portions of the coconut rice, shrimp, and salsa.