15 - 18 min
|Saturated fat||2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||2.5 g|
Make your favorite pasta dish lighter with veggies and a surprise ingredient
Add to Shopping List
To garnish, optional fried (see Tip) or fresh
- Prep: Soak cashews in 2 cups hot water for 1 hour in a large covered bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Drain cashews and blend for 1 minute with cheese, pasta water, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and fry garlic, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes for 2 minutes. Stir in greens and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cashew mixture and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. (For a thinner sauce, add tap water, as needed.)
- Toss pasta with sauce and garnish with sage leaves before serving, if desired.
Tip: Warm, crunchy herbs make the perfect pasta topper! To make fried sage leaves: Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and fry each leaf for 3-5 seconds until crisp.