|Saturated fat||2.2 g|
Canned chickpeas get tossed with olive oil and baked until crispy. Add in a few eggs during the last few minutes of roasting and they get cooked to perfection. Top it all off with fresh arugula; the heat of the eggs and chickpeas gently wilts the greens.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with a rack set in the middle. Place a large ovenproof skillet, such as a cast-iron, in the oven to preheat.
- Once the pan and oven are hot, carefully remove the pan with oven mitts. Add the vegetable oil and chickpeas. Grate the lemon zest over the chickpeas and stir with a wooden spoon to coat. Place the pan back in the oven (use your oven mitts!) and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan and use a spoon to create four spaces between the chickpeas. Crack an egg into each one. Sprinkle the salt and pepper all over the eggs and chickpeas. Return to the oven for 7 to 8 minutes, and cook until whites are set but yolks have not yet hardened.
- Remove from oven and immediately top with the arugula. Drizzle everything with the extra virgin olive oil. Use a spatula or serving spoon to divide between plates and enjoy warm.
- Be sure to rinse the chickpeas. This will get rid of excess sodium.
- If you prefer your yolks to be hard-cooked, increase cooking time by 2 to 3 minutes.