|Saturated fat||0.8 g|
This warm grain salad features quick-cooking, high-protein quinoa, helping you get a nutritious dinner on the table in a hurry. Combine it with tender baby kale and fresh tomatoes for a pop of color. Can’t find kale in your grocery store? Baby spinach works too.
- Place the quinoa in a small-medium saucepan and cover with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and let cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit for 2 minutes, then remove the lid and use a fork to fluff up the grains.
- While the quinoa cooks, slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Add to a large mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix everything together. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- You can prepare this up to 3 days in advance; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can substitute the Italian seasoning blend for your favorite seasoning, such as lemon & pepper, or Cajun.