|Monounsaturated fat||3.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||2.1 g|
|Saturated fat||1.3 g|
The carrot-ginger dressing adds great flavor to this healthy salad
Add to Shopping List
1 (11 oz) can undrained
- Preheat canola oil in large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to pan and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, turning to ensure doneness on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and let stand 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add 3/4 of the shallot slices to pan. Cook, stirring, 1 minute or until slices are slightly softened; set aside.
- Prepare dressing: Place carrots in food processor (make sure it's fitted with a metal blade) and pulse until finely ground. Add remaining 1/4 of the shallot and pulse until slices are finely minced. Reserve 1/3 cup liquid from canned oranges and add to food processor with carrot mixture. Drain any remaining liquid and set oranges aside. Add ginger and slowly add oil while pulsing, until mixture is pureed. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. Add reserved shallot, oranges, cashews, and dressing; toss to combine. Divide salad among serving bowls.
- Cut chicken into thin pieces and place them on top of each salad.
Therese Bonanni, RD, CD-N