Add to Shopping List
- In small saucepan, combine maple syrup, water, and ginger over high heat. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover. Allow to sit at least 20 minutes. Strain, discarding ginger.
- Prepare fruit as follows:
- To prepare pomegranate: Break pomegranate open over large bowl filled with water. Working in the water, slowly peel away the membrane, pushing out the arils (the covering over the seeds) and seeds, which will sink to the bottom of the bowl as the membrane floats.
- To prepare clementines: Peel whole fruit and separate sections. Soak the sections in a bowl of ice water for 10 minutes. Use the back side of a paring knife (not the sharp edge, which will cut through) to scrape off all pith (the white stringy tissue between the clementine peel and fruit).
- To prepare blood oranges: Slice off top (stem) and bottom ends of oranges. Place oranges upright on cutting board. Cut away the peel and pith, slicing along the curve of the fruit. Once all peel and pith are removed, slice lengthwise along the membranes lining one section, then remove with paring knife. Make sure to work over a bowl to catch orange sections. Slice lengthwise along the next membrane; that section should fall out.
- To prepare starfruits: Cut off ends. Slice lengthwise to preserve star shape.
- To prepare kiwis: Slice off top (stem) and bottom of kiwis. Work the edge of a large spoon under the skin, then use the spoon to peel away the skin. Slice peeled fruit crosswise.
- To prepare pears: Slice pears in half lengthwise. Use paring knife to cut a channel around stem and seeds; remove. Slice each half into 6 long pieces.
- Mix all fruit together in large bowl. Drizzle with maple-ginger syrup and toss.